POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Innovation Analyst will evaluate, develop and implement sustainable innovation strategy and programs in general and workforce development programs specifically. This position is funded through a Department of Labor Grant for a City & County of San Francisco initiative called TechSF. You will sit within the Mayor’s Office of Civic Innovation (MOCI) and report directly to the Chief Innovation Officer, while acting as a liaison between MOCI and the Office of Economic Development & Workforce Development (OEWD) where you will evaluate, develop and implement programs that apply innovation methods (such as OpenGov, agile and user-centered design) to workforce development challenges.
- Create and provide support for MOCI and OEWD programs
- Apply innovation practices to economic and workforce development challenges
- Develop and manage external and internal partnerships to enhance MOCI’s core capabilities
- Lead large-scale projects that involve multiple stakeholders including City agencies and external partners (private sector and non-profits)
- Deploy large-scale technical systems
- Manage and track project deadlines and schedules
- Assist with the development of strategic documents including business plans, grant proposals and partnership proposals
- Manage stakeholder communication and expectations
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. S/he will be a self-starter with a desire to excel at creating outcomes in a short period of time.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Additional Desired Skills
- A strong awareness of technology trends and potential influences in San Francisco
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Gov 2.0/Open Government, agile development, lean startup, user-centered design, technology tools for community management
- Strong collaborative skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication/presentation skills with a strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various fields and functional levels
- A proven track record in infrastructure or software business and knowledge of related technologiesAdvanced knowledge of technical details of market business and related products
- Strong prospecting, networking and business development skills
- Self-motivation to be a team player with strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, businesses, customers and colleagues across all levels of the organization
Tweet “I want to be part of the @SFMOCI team” with a URL to your LinkedIn profile